Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Bulletproof: Day 14. Yes, it's been two weeks.

Well, you could say that it hasn't really been a straight two weeks, since I did relax over Thanksgiving, but you'd be wrong. Because regardless I am doing much better than I would have been without trying to be Bulletproof:
- I drink a lot less in terms of quantity and frequency
- I am lighter (hopefully, by more than 3 pounds at this point, as my size 27 jeans feel very loose today)
- I think faster and I am much more efficient at work
- I raised my desk at work and am now working standing. My legs are feeling this for sure! [spoiler: do your research on how to do this right before you start]

In terms of today: Intermittent fasting again this morning with BP coffee. Happy to report I am able to tolerate a lot more of butter and Brain Octane (3-4 tbsp butter + 2 tbsp BO) in my coffee. I remain loyal to tea (and no offense to David, his cocoa tea sucks) but have decided I'd be doing coffee Mon-Thur with the Intermittent fast, and then just the regular BP diet Fri-Sun, with Fri and Sat night as my "drinking nights".

I had lunch with a colleague around 12:15, which is a little earlier than I'd like, but oh well. I ate a bit of chicken and salmon (not ideal, but legit protein with oil) and some greens and broccoli. Followed this with a handful of raw almonds and a handful of grapes.

I am realizing that I am struggling with proper carb re-feeds. I tend to do them un-scientifically and mostly when I am feeling that I need a sprinkle of carbs in my system. Hoping to get some ideas from the new BP book on this.

I also continue drinking water in alarming quantities. I don't think I was as thirsty all of the time as I have been since going BP. I must be doing well over a gallon a day. It creates funny situations since I need to run to the restroom so frequently and I think this further solidifies my team's belief that I am pregnant. :)

I am also considering trying BP cocoa instead of BP coffee, per this post. Maybe tomorrow morning.

Dinner was uneventful: green salad with avocado & uncured good bacon, followed by raw cacao nibs and mint tea. Love these! Bulletproof or not, they are definitely staying.

I am also noticing interesting changes in my relationship with food:
- I am hungry by the time I eat because the focus of my life has shifted off of food for the first time in a long time
- I thought I'd miss bread & other silly carbs more than I do. I am almost okay without them

Things I still need to work on:
- getting my runs back in (it's been in the 20s in Seattle; too cold to my taste, but should come back to upper 40s next week)
- it is still not easy not to drink every evening. I think about it, not much but still, but it's also empowering that I don't end up caving in
- listening to & hearing my body. I am so much more in tune with myself!
- I am being honest with myself: I want to stop wanting a drink every night, I want to lose weight, I want to bring back me the way I was 10 years ago: slim, healthy, and excited about everything.

Now, gonna go read the BP book.



No comments:

Post a Comment