Monday, December 15, 2014

Bulletproof Days 22-25. A bit off course, but mostly sticking with it.

The holidays are the worst time for a lifestyle change because it's very difficult to sustain. For me, food is a lot less of a problem, but booze. OMG. Lots of holiday parties, I've been drinking most days, sadly. As a result, I am not losing weight anymore (the initial 5 pounds are gone, but that's it). Hoping that this week helps overcome this plateau as I have no parties to go to and hoping not to drink at least until Friday night. That said, even thought the scale has not moved, my clothes fit better and I am feeling skinnier. It feels great. But I need 10 more pounds to go. Then I'll be truly proud of my body.

Bulletproof has definitely helped balance my food cravings. I barely crave food anymore, but rather get to a point where I am very hungry and then half-way through my meal, I feel that I've had enough. An interesting and a very welcome change.

I am also hoping to bring the workouts back. Since going BP, I'm working out significantly less than before. Most of it is driven my schedule, but still. I'd love to bring it back because exercise makes me feel great.

In other news, some of the takeaways from these days:

  • Start bringing my own food to parties. Because otherwise I barely eat and overcompensate with drinks. 
  • Continue cooking. I've made a few rather amazing BP meals.
  • I need to eat more grass fed beef. Somehow this has been challenging.
  • Supplements are still in the "need to figure it out" category for me. I am taking a few but feel like I don't really know which ones I need vs don't need.
  • I scheduled an annual physical for next Monday. Want to get full blood work and stuff since I haven't done it in the last 5 years. Maybe it'll help guide my supplementation.
  • Friends and co-workers are starting to notice I am looking better. That's great and confirms that I am headed in the right direction.
  • If I lose a couple more pounds, I'll look pretty good for the holidays (will make an effort to stick to BP 100% at least this week).


No comments:

Post a Comment