Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Day 2. Bulletproof. Let's see how this works when I am on the road.

It was a weird night. I bounced between really deep sleep and really light sleep, and had such realistic dreams that I was surprised to wake up. 

An early day for me so up at 5:30. Started the morning with vitamin D and K2. My Bulletproof coffee this morning was much closer to how it should be done (I think) with almost 3 tablespoons of Kerrygold and 1.5 tablespoons of MCT oil + just a pinch of xylitol. Chugged it down over my 30-minute drive to the airport. 
Initially feeling a bit queasy (it's 7am and I am at the gate waiting for my flight to board), but hoping to feel better as the day progresses. I am, just like yesterday, feeling really thirsty.

9pm. What a day! First off, I had to get through a business lunch with folks in my party enjoying fresh bread with dipping oil & all kinds of deep fried goodness and other carbs. I had wild salmon with steamed veggies and tea. One small sin of the day: I drizzled my veggies with light soy sauce.

Once lunch was done (~1:30ish), I had to live through drinks with my colleagues at the airport (I drank tea) and my first class upgrade where I had another tea & a Caesar salad (I had to leave the cheese & the croutons on my plate and got another sin in for the day by eating the dressing: I needed the calories since lunch was so light). I also had a piece of 85% chocolate. While I am not usually a fan, it tasted surprisingly good.

Since I got home around 7, I did not really have time to cook. I tossed a quick salad with arugula, dill, cucumbers, avocado, pepper, and tomatoes, with a mix of MTC and avocado oil + pink salt. And I had a piece of grass fed steak from the previous night. While it was not big, I could not eat it all. 

Learnings of the day:
1. When going to an Asian restaurant, consider bringing tamari sauce.
2. Bring nuts to snack on. I was aware of my hunger though it did not bother me much.
3. Not drinking but seeing other people drink was interesting. I liked it. So far, this is my third booze-free evening. I've thought of having a drink but it hasn't been crazy difficult not to.
4. I haven't weighed myself but I feel like my body is operating better.
5. I am definitely being honest with myself & that's a good step in the right direction. I want to get my older self back: the better looking and lesser drinking version of me. With every day, I am getting closer.
6. I am curiously looking at what my kids are eating. If I end up adopting some version of this as a lifestyle, we are up for a good revolution. I'll try it out by making bulletproof macaroons tomorrow. 
With this, I sign off for the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment