Thursday, November 20, 2014

Day 3. Bulletproof: We have lift off (I think).

I feel like I am getting into the groove of things here. Slept really well last night. I think taking magnesium shortly after dinner vs right before bed was a good idea.

7AM.

Started the morning with vitamin D, vitamin k2, and selenium, followed by Bulletproof coffee (well, I still haven't gotten the real thing, so the closest thing to the real thing, which is our home coffee with Kerrygold butter and MCT oil). Had my husband try a sip as I think it tastes much better than you'd expect: he approved. I also made it in the blender this morning (vs just whisking). I like the blender version better. I finished my coffee at 8AM so hoping I can stick it out at least until 1PM today before I have lunch. Hoping to go for a run before lunch: I usually run 10-15 miles a week but have not gotten any miles in this week yet (except a 2-mile walk earlier this week).

11AM.

I had a session with my counselor this morning and talking about what I am doing was an interesting experience. I think she was happy with my progress (I have a plan for addressing most of my issues) and it was good practice for when I need to explain Bulletproof to my friends and clients (coming up very soon since we are about to hit holiday season).

1:30PM.

I did not go running for a number of reasons BUT I did go for a 3-mile walk, so all good for now. I might go for a short run later today, but who knows... I am not low energy but at the same time it would be an act of self-discipline if I do.

I lasted on coffee through 1PM today. Frankly, I am usually pretty hungry by this time, so going through 2PM would be hard. Sometime in the near future I might experiment with more butter in my coffee, but not yet.

Lunch was almost over when I went to the cafeteria and my options were disappointing. I ended up grabbing a plate of steamed broccoli, salad mix with some cabbage, and grilled chicken breast. We had olive oil and other dressings but the thought of olive oil over my food did not sound good (too bland), so I decided to sin a little and added a tbsp of blue cheese dressing and a slice of ham.


Surprisingly, or not really surprisingly, I did not like the whole concoction. I made myself get through maybe half, mostly regretting the dressing as it tasted weird (I used to like it so maybe my test buds are adjusting to bulletproof?). I did not like the chicken and the ham either. The whole experience made me firmly decide that I am cooking dinner tonight: I am thinking fish, baked brussel sprouts, and maybe braised kale with mushrooms and leeks... I know kale is not well favored by Bulletproof but it's not in the red and I like it.

I threw away the remainder of this food, and grabbed some raw almonds and a couple of fresh figs from the micro kitchen. That worked much better, I think: I got in ~20 almonds and 3-4 figs. I washed it down with a 24oz cup of water.

I feel like I am still hungry but also kind of full, so want to give it another hour to let my body figure out if what I put in would work for now. I remain thirsty so it's possible another 24oz is coming soon. It would be my third for today so far.

10PM. 

I made dinner. Wild sockeye salmon & Brussels sprouts baked with bacon. I think it helped that I was really starving (I actually wolfed down a turkey meatball while cooking) and that the Brussel sprouts were local, organic, and fresh, and bacon grass-fed & uncured. Anyhow, lovely meal. Decided to make Brussel sprouts again for Thanksgiving.



We ate a bit later than I'd like (~8:30ish). I also baked macaroons (basically raw honey, unsweetened coconut, and egg whites). Not bad! Two of these really enhanced my tea.

I've also baked custard (it's almost done in my slow cooker) and marinated chicken drumsticks. Looking forward to trying both tomorrow. I think the key to bulletproof (even more so than paleo) is cooking. I want to make bulletproof ice cream this weekend!

I've decided not to weight myself until I've gone bulletproof for 30 days. Really hoping I drop 10-15 pounds but don't want to get my hopes up yet. In any case, it's worth it. This is the first week in a really long time where I did not drink at all. I've decided that I'll allow myself a glass of my favorite vino Friday and Saturday night. Looking forward as it is well deserved. It is my goal to learn to drink in moderation.





No comments:

Post a Comment