Friday, November 21, 2014

Day 4. Bulletproof Friday.

I came down with a cold. Started late last night and I took NyQuil before I went to bed. I am not sure if NyQuil is Bulletproof (in fact, probably isn't) but it had to be done. I slept really well and got in ~8 hours and I am feeling better this morning, though still far from 100%.

I started the morning by taking my supplements (I set everything out the night before, so I don't have to think about dosage and what to include in the morning), took the dog out, and drank my Bulletproof coffee. Since I've learned to do it right, it tastes almost delicious. I've talked my husband into trying it one of these mornings instead of his regular coffee. My real Bulletproof coffee should be here next week: I am excited to see if it makes me feel different.

I made Bulletproof custard last night. So excited to try it tonight! 

1PM

It rained very heavily so instead of going for a walk my husband and I went to lunch at one of our favorite sushi places (we are very fortunate to work next door to each other!). Confession here: I brought my tamari with me but it turned out they had it, you just had to ask. Good to know as I was a bit on the fence with bringing my own sauce to a Japanese restaurant. I know that ideally you drop the sauce altogether but I love it too much to do that. Since white rice is okay, we ordered a clean combo of rolls (avocado, salmon) and nigiri/sashimi. I like unagi (eel) and California, but decided to avoid for now. Best. Lunch. Ever. Extremely tasty. See for yourself:


I've noticed that I am feeling full very quickly: a new sensation for me, since I am usually the person that goes for dessert after a very satisfying meal. 

Been talking a lot to my husband about how I am feeling on Bulletproof. He told me that it's got an interesting effect for him, too: he's stopped drinking beer with most of his dinners because he does not want to drink alone. Also told me it's fun to see me not drinking. This is, sadly, the first full workweek that I've gone without a drink. Very proud. 

And I've been reading the Bulletproof forum when I have time and bookmarked a great summary of the Bulletproof principles: here it is. BTW, I ordered my ceramic cookware today!

10PM.

Amazing dinner cooked by truly yours. Baked potatoes for my guests, sweet baked potato for me. NomNom drumsticks. Delish! And a kale salad with bacon and beets. 



We did open a bottle of wine. I had a glass but didn't love it. Either the wine was so-so or I am sobering up about drinking. Well, probably not since I want a little brandy as after dinner drink. :) I am following the Bulletproof protocol for drinking in terms of supplements. 

A couple more thoughts on the day:
- the sushi lunch lasted me a long time. I wasn't starving till dinner at 7:30.
- my new ice cream maker arrived. Bulletproof ice cream tomorrow night!
- I am loving this whole local grass fed organic thing. Our food has never tasted so good. My in-laws kept talking about the bacon I used for the kale salad (local organic grass-fed uncured). Even my husband said that our dinners are now much more fun, with lots of new, cool foods. Music to my ears!

Now, I am really looking forward to my first bulletproof weekend.









No comments:

Post a Comment