Monday, November 24, 2014

Day 7. Bulletproof: One week in.

Today marks my first week on Bulletproof. So far, a couple of learnings:

  • Bulletproof and alcohol do not mix. I am not feeling horrible but I am not nearly as mentally sharp as I normally am on Bulletproof coffee. My advice: try not to drink at all if you can.
  • Plan ahead: it'll be much more fun if you play with new foods/recipes (Bulletproof ice cream, I love thee!)
  • Buy in bulk: it is cheaper (Costco has avocado and coconut oil, most veggies and meats you'll need, uncured bacon)
  • I have not weighed myself (I will at the 30-day mark) but I think I did lose some weight. My pants feel loose and my stomach seems to have slimmed a bit. 
Now, back to my day.

I am not feeling 100% today and I am blaming two glasses of wine I had last night and this cold I seem unable to shake. While I am not drinking at all during the week, I might will myself into not drinking altogether. I seem to always feel crappy afterwards, which is new to me: I used to be bulletproof when it came to hangovers.

For some reason, I am really hungry today. I had my Bulletproof coffee at 8 this morning and now I am starving (it's 10:40). I am going to stick to it at least until noon (drinking like a fish too, already on my second 24oz glass of water) and then head into lunch. I'll also go for a walk before lunch: trying to make this a habit.

11:30AM

I did not go for a walk but went down & grabbed lunch from the cafeteria. I also polished this with some grapes since this was very meat-heavy.



3:30PM.

Lunch lasted me well. I am starting to get hungry so eating an apple now. My hangover is mostly gone but I was feeling crappy well into 2PM today. Pretty sure Bulletproof is making my alcohol tolerance weak.

10:30PM.

I survived drinks with colleagues (I drank water and now they are all suspicious). I also did not eat too much for dinner. Some shrimp, roasted butternut squash, and bulletproof ice cream. Note to self: next batch will go into small dishes with individual portions. Getting it out is no fun.

Other random thoughts for the day:
- I felt crappy all day. Looking forward to tomorrow.
- I will be trying intermittent fasting tomorrow & Wednesday. Then just Bulletproof diet over Thanksgiving and the long weekend. We have friends coming over. I might try not to drink at all... 
- I need to be running my miles. Last week was the first week in a long time when I did not run. This cold has sucked and needs to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment